Almond Sundried Tomato Peasy Pasta
- 3/4 cup sundried tomatoes (rehydrated)**
- 2 cups bow tie pasta (uncooked)
- 3/4 cup almond slivers
- 1 teaspoon + 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves (1 tsp) minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, diced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- Put the sundried tomatoes in a pan, add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil for 20-30 minutes to rehydrate them.
- Boil water for the pasta.
- Roast almond slivers in 1 teaspoon olive oil until they start turning golden.
- Add garlic and let roast for 5 seconds more, then quickly get them out of the pan before they burn.
- Put the pasta in the boiling water.
- Dice and sauté an onion in 2 teaspoons olive oil for 10 minutes (max).
- Remove onions from pan using a slotted spoon, leaving any left over oil.
- The sundried tomatoes should be rehydrated by now. Drain water off, but reserve it for later.
- Thinly slice tomatoes (about 1/2 an inch long), then sauté them in the leftover oil for 5 minutes max.
- Heat up the reserved liquid, add lemon juice and frozen peas. Bring to a boil for approximately 4- 5 minutes.
- Once the peas are unfrozen, add the almond/garlic/onion/tomato mix and heat through.
- Drain and stir in the pasta.
**The sundried tomatoes sautéd in almond oil were such an intense flavor that they overpowered the dish. I really like the flavor, but you might want to cut the amount of tomatoes in half.